Petra is passionate about Kids' fashion and a non-stop creative mind. Knowing that digital transformation appeals changes in the press area, she offers alternatives to conventional advertising and propose a new digital magazine called SCIMPARELLO MAGAZINE. We are so happy she took the time to answers our questions!
- How did it all start? What was the inspiration to bring up with this new project of yours, Scimparello Magazine?
Scimparello is a name invented by my grandson Gabriel when he was 5 years old. He drew this strange animal…we didn’t know what it was ... but his belief in presenting it to me did not allow to investigate further: it was there, a fantastic animal with a bizarre name.
In the same way the idea of this magazine dedicated to those who never stop growing has taken shape in my head. You will ask yourself “Is she mad to create a magazine these days?” Well, I also thought the same of my grandson, and yet in the end I ended up, facing with his naivety, to believe in the existence of Scimparello. And I'm sure you'll end up believing in this project ... and not in front of my naivety, but my experience.
I've been thinking about this for a long time. I am the deputy editor and digital director of the prestigious magazine kid's wear since 14 years, and I work as a freelance stylist for various magazines, both Italian and international ... Over time I realized the desire to give life to my personal project, a magazine that discovers new brands, giving space to creativity in photography and illustration. So here it is ...
- In the “digital” universe, you need to come up constantly with new publication and it’s a challenge for both creatives and brands. How do you manage to keep the content from the digital magazine always up to date?
Scimparello comes out twice a year and I uploaded it on ISSUU, because I really wanted that it looks like a printed magazine where you can browse pages.The wonderful thing in this digital issue is that you can insert links that brings you directly to specific websites or insert videos to make the reading experience even more fascinating. During the year the magazine is like a blog with contents updated constantly, which sometime is not so easy, because we need a lot of time researching news and new products.
- Do you think it’s easier to get curated information now or in the past? What do you miss about the way to access the information before the digital transformation and what is better today?
In the past it was easier to get more curated info, because in general they came out only twice a year. Now we’re overwhelmed with info, not always well written, but today it’s easier to know more little and interesting brands from all over the world.
- What do you find is the most difficult thing about finding your place between print magazines, blogs and Influencers? Is the sector saturated?
The most difficult thing?
To find finance support. Yes the sector is saturated, often with mums blogging as a hobby, so that people don’t want to spend money anymore even for good digital quality content. How do creatives can earn money now? Advertising pages are too expensive and OUT, and we need to find new ideas. As I’m also a paper lover I thought to do an illustrated calendar for 2021 in collaboration with various brands to gift the most prestigious shops worldwide: it would be a very special and precious object. That’s how I distinguish myself from bloggers and influencers.
- Would you say now that there is a place in the world that should be highlighted for having more creative brands in the kids’ fashion industry?
Yes, Spain and Portugal at first place. Then Baltic nations, Korea and Japan.
- What advice would you give to someone wanting to start in the kids’ fashion industry?
One and only: Be Different!
- - - - -
Scimparello is an online magazine on the subject - as the creator and director describes it - “for those who never stop growing”. Every season, the digital magazine is dedicated to a new theme focused and seasoned by beautiful images, illustrations and attention into graphics. A whole new perspective of all the things from the children’s world.
If you want to know more about the next illustrated calendar or get in touch with the magazine send your request at email@example.com