This week, we are excited to share with you our little talk with Rosanna Pendleton, freelance art director and co-founder of FOREVER YOUNG MAGAZINE. She answers our 5 questions about FY Magazine, working with kids and DENIM trend. Enjoy the reading !
1. Hello Rosanna ! Can you introduce yourself briefly ?
Hi I am Rosanna, a freelance art director.
2. Can you tell us more about FOREVER YOUNG ? What was the project that lead to it ?
FY (FOREVER YOUNG) is a platform showcasing kids editorials, we have teams all over the world shooting for us. It feels like a real community which grows with each new contributor. Photographer Annie Bundfuss and I launched this as a passion project and it’s grown into something really interesting. We love speaking to everyone and generating a supportive feeling between all involved.
3. What's your favourite part of working in the kid's universe ?
Working with kids means no two days are the same. You can never predict what they are going to do. They bring a unique energy to photoshoots which I love. Kids really bring your walls down because you have to create a positive fun atmosphere and I love seeing everyone laughing on set
4. DENIM trend for KIDS: tell us your opinion about this trend, what denim piece do you like the most for kids?
I love denim, I literally jump for joy when I get booked on a denim shoot. I love that most kids feel comfortable in it, the styling possibilities are endless. At the moment I love white denim mixed with blue denim, and an oversized denim shirt.
5. Last but not least, what would be your advice for someone willing to get into kid’s universe?
I think assisting is a really good way to quickly learn what areas you like and don’t like. Speak up and be kind.